Goldman, Mitsui lead $50 mln investment in India-Japan F&B venture
HONG KONG Feb 19 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs and a unit of Mitsui & Co Ltd have led a 3,150 million rupee ($50.6 million) investment consumer goods firm Global Beverages & Foods Pvt Ltd, the investment banks said in a joint statement on Wednesday.
A. Mahendran, a former managing director for Godrej Consumer Products Ltd, will be chairman and managing director of Global Beverages & Foods and will also invest in the company, the statement said.
Global Beverages & Foods plans to build a portfolio of consumer brands to cash in on increased consumer spending in India.
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight