Kurds agree to export crude via SOMO -Iraq deputy PM for energy
BAGHDAD Feb 19 (Reuters) - Iraq's Deputy Prime Minister for Energy said the Kurds had agreed to export crude from their autonomous region via the State Oil Marketing Organisation (SOMO), potentially easing a major sticking point in an ongoing row between them.
"This is an important step forward," Hussain al-Shahristani said in an interview on Iraqi state television late on Wednesday. (Reporting by Ahmed Rasheed; Writing by Isabel Coles, editing by David Evans)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- CEOs of biggest Russian firms could be hit by sanctions: paper |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack