PHILIPPINES PRESS -Entry of more foreign banks eyed - Inquirer
The monetary authority is set to ask Congress for new legislation that would open up the local banking sector to more foreign players ahead of the planned integration of financial markets of Southeast Asian nations, Philippine Daily Inquirer reported.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Manila newsroom; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |