RBS sells derivatives units to BNP Paribas
LONDON Feb 19 (Reuters) - State-backed Royal Bank of Scotland said it had sold some structured retail investor products and equity derivatives businesses to France's BNP Paribas as it continues to shrink its investment bank.
RBS said on Wednesday the consideration was not material but the deal would transfer the management of up to 15 billion pounds ($25 billion) of liabilities.
The deal will include some associated market-making activities and is expected to take place on a phased basis over the next two years.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports