Rheinmetall 2013 underlying operating profit falls less than expected
FRANKFURT Feb 19 (Reuters) - German defence group Rheinmetall reported a 21 percent drop in 2013 underlying operating profit due to restructuring costs that still beat even the most optimistic analyst estimate in a Reuters poll.
Earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) before special items fell to 213 million euros ($293 million) from 268 million euros the year before, beating both Rheinmetall's own target of 180-200 million and analysts' forecast of 198 million in a Reuters poll.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet