Protest action in Kiev was an "attempt to seize power" - interim PM
KIEV Feb 19 (Reuters) - Ukraine's interim prime minister said on Wednesday that protests which brought violent clashes with police on Tuesday amounted to an attempted coup.
"This was not a demonstration of democracy ... It is the manipulation of people's minds and an attempt to seize power by force," Serhiy Arbuzov told a televised government meeting.
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia