Authorities recover body believed to be missing Missouri girl
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Authorities in Missouri said on Wednesday they have recovered a body believed to be missing 10-year-old girl Hailey Owens, who was abducted a day earlier from a street near her home.
"While she has not been positively identified, we have a high degree of confidence that it is our victim, Hailey Owens," Springfield police chief Paul Williams told a news conference.
(Reporting by Kevin Murphy; Writing by Chris Francescani)
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill