U.S. to finalize loan guarantee for Southern Co nuclear plant
WASHINGTON Feb 19 (Reuters) - The Obama administration will finalize $6.5 billion in loan guarantees this week for the country's first new nuclear reactors in three decades, U.S. Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz said on Wednesday.
The loan aid will support the expansion of Southern Co's Vogtle nuclear plant in Georgia.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel