Vodafone details share proceeds from Verizon deal
LONDON Feb 19 (Reuters) - Vodafone said on Wednesday shareholders would receive 0.026 shares in Verizon Communications for each Vodafone share they own as part of their payout for the $130 billion sale of the group's stake in Verizon Wireless.
The British company also said its shares would be consolidated on Feb. 24 at the ratio of 6 new shares for 11 existing shares following the closure of the deal on Friday.
As an illustrative example, based on share prices and exchange rates at the close of business on Feb. 18, a Vodafone investor would receive proceeds of 72 pence in Verizon shares and 30 pence in cash for each share owned, the group said.
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |