Yamana Gold slumps to quarter loss on impairment charge
Feb 18 (Reuters) - Yamana Gold Inc reported a net loss for the fourth quarter on Tuesday due to a $535.8 million impairment charge it booked on certain mineral properties.
The Canadian gold miner reported a loss of $583.9 million, or 78 cents a share, in the three months to end-December compared with a profit of $169.2 million, or 23 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight