Centerra Gold swings to profit
Feb 19 (Reuters) - Canadian miner Centerra Gold Inc swung to a quarterly profit, helped by higher gold production and increased sales.
The company reported a net income of $106.6 million, or 45 cents per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 31, compared with a loss of $70.7 million, or 30 cents per share, a year earlier.
Consolidated gold production in 2013 nearly doubled to 690,720 ounces from 387,076 ounces a year earlier.
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. hospital to discharge doctor treated with experimental Ebola drug
- Calm largely holds in Missouri after grand jury opens shooting investigation |