U.S. court says food labeling lawsuit against ConAgra can proceed
SAN FRANCISCO Feb 20 (Reuters) - A U.S. appeals court on Thursday revived a lawsuit against ConAgra Foods Inc over the amount of sodium the company discloses on sunflower seed packages.
The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco found that federal law does not preempt claims that the sodium content of edible coating on sunflower seed shells must be disclosed on the package.
- Search resumes for hundreds missing in South Korean ferry disaster |
- Pro-Russia separatists take armored vehicles, humiliating Kiev forces
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- BofA reports first quarterly loss since 2011 on lofty legal bill
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |