INDONESIA PRESS-Sharia banks 2013 net profit up 35 pct y/y-Investor Daily
Net profit of Indonesian sharia banks stood at 3.44 trillion rupiah ($254 million) in 2013, up 35 percent from 2.54 trillion rupiah a year earlier, said Koko Rachmadi, head of the sharia business division at PT Bank OCBC NISP.
Total loan disbursements rose to 180.83 trillion rupiah from 147.5 trillion rupiah in 2012. (Investor Daily)
Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy.
($1 = 11,787 rupiah) (Compiled by Jakarta Newsroom; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- Global stocks extend rally, S&P at new high as data signals growth
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament |