UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb 20
LONDON Feb 20 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 44-45 points, or 0.7 percent lower, on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* Darkening the mood, China's flash Markit/HSBC Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) fell to a seven-month low of 48.3 in February from January's final reading of 49.5. A reading below 50 indicates a contraction while one above shows expansion.
* The UK blue chip index closed up 0.28 points - flat in percentage terms - at 6,796.71 points on Wednesday. It hit 6,810.48, its highest since late January, earlier in the day. The index has seen a rally of around 6 percent since early February.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
BAE SYSTEMS reports full-year results
CENTRICA reports full-year results
REXAM reports full-year results
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official