CANADA STOCKS-TSX little changed as BlackBerry offsets energy declines
TORONTO, Feb 20 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index was little changed on Thursday, as lower oil prices weighed on the energy sector while Facebook Inc's planned acquisition of mobile-messaging service WhatsApp fueled gains in shares of BlackBerry. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 16.70 points, or 0.12 percent, at 14,136.33 shortly after the open.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |