UK, China discuss setting up RMB clearing bank in London-Osborne
HONG KONG Feb 20 (Reuters) - The British and Chinese governments are in active discussions about setting up a renminbi clearing bank in London, British finance minister George Osborne said on Thursday.
At present, London mainly relies on Hong Kong's offshore yuan infrastructure. Standard Chartered Bank also cooperated with Agricultural Bank of China in December to provide yuan clearing services in the UK.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation