UK, China discuss setting up RMB clearing bank in London-Osborne
HONG KONG Feb 20 (Reuters) - The British and Chinese governments are in active discussions about setting up a renminbi clearing bank in London, British finance minister George Osborne said on Thursday.
At present, London mainly relies on Hong Kong's offshore yuan infrastructure. Standard Chartered Bank also cooperated with Agricultural Bank of China in December to provide yuan clearing services in the UK.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane