UK, China discuss setting up RMB clearing bank in London-Osborne
HONG KONG Feb 20 (Reuters) - The British and Chinese governments are in active discussions about setting up a renminbi clearing bank in London, British finance minister George Osborne said on Thursday.
At present, London mainly relies on Hong Kong's offshore yuan infrastructure. Standard Chartered Bank also cooperated with Agricultural Bank of China in December to provide yuan clearing services in the UK.
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Ukraine scrambles fighter jets above rebel positions as missile attack resumes
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets
- Ebola deaths surge in Sierra Leone and Liberia: WHO