Nigeria's forex, bond, money markets stop trading after cbank governor's suspension
LAGOS Feb 20 (Reuters) - Nigeria's forex, bond and money markets have all stopped trading because of uncertainty and volatility created by the central bank governor's suspension, several dealers told Reuters on Thursday.
"The market is frozen right now because no one wants to take position and the fact that the market was already short," said one dealer.
Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan suspended Lamido Sanusi, an increasingly outspoken critic of the government's record on tackling rampant corruption, earlier on Thursday.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ