Nigeria's president suspends central bank governor - spokesman
LAGOS Feb 20 (Reuters) - Nigeria's President Goodluck Jonathan has suspended central bank governor Lamido Sanusi, presidency spokesman Reuben Abati said on Thursday.
Sanusi, who was due to end his term in June, had been an increasingly outspoken critic of Jonathan's government and its record on tackling endemic corruption. (Reporting by Tim Cocks; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor who worked in Africa first Ebola case in New York City |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case