Nigeria's president suspends central bank governor - spokesman
LAGOS Feb 20 (Reuters) - Nigeria's President Goodluck Jonathan has suspended central bank governor Lamido Sanusi, presidency spokesman Reuben Abati said on Thursday.
Sanusi, who was due to end his term in June, had been an increasingly outspoken critic of Jonathan's government and its record on tackling endemic corruption. (Reporting by Tim Cocks; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.