Britain summons Ukrainian ambassador as death toll rises in Kiev
LONDON Feb 20 (Reuters) - Britain summoned Ukraine's ambassador to London on Thursday after violent clashes in Kiev killed at least 21 civilians.
"We are calling in the ambassador and calling on him to stop the violence," said a foreign ministry spokeswoman. (Reporting by Kylie MacLellan, editing by Stephen Addison)
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |