Western demands on Ukraine are inappropriate, says Russian minister-Ifax
MOSCOW Feb 20 (Reuters) - Demands made by the West on Ukraine are inappropriate at the moment, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Grigory Karasin was quoted as saying on Thursday, in response to reports of a French call for new elections.
"It is difficult for me to comment on the words of the French minister as I am not acquainted with him. But the words, 'to demand', are not really appropriate in this situation," Karasin was quoted as saying by Interfax news agency.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- Lights off on Singapore's billionaire row as luxury house prices plunge