Western demands on Ukraine are inappropriate, says Russian minister-Ifax
MOSCOW Feb 20 (Reuters) - Demands made by the West on Ukraine are inappropriate at the moment, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Grigory Karasin was quoted as saying on Thursday, in response to reports of a French call for new elections.
"It is difficult for me to comment on the words of the French minister as I am not acquainted with him. But the words, 'to demand', are not really appropriate in this situation," Karasin was quoted as saying by Interfax news agency.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port