Western demands on Ukraine are inappropriate, says Russian minister-Ifax
MOSCOW Feb 20 (Reuters) - Demands made by the West on Ukraine are inappropriate at the moment, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Grigory Karasin was quoted as saying on Thursday, in response to reports of a French call for new elections.
"It is difficult for me to comment on the words of the French minister as I am not acquainted with him. But the words, 'to demand', are not really appropriate in this situation," Karasin was quoted as saying by Interfax news agency.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's racist remarks dim Republican support
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |