China's mobile subscribers up 0.6 percent at 1.24 billion in January
HONG KONG (Reuters) - China, the world's largest mobile phone market by subscribers, posted a 0.6 percent monthly increase in the number of mobile subscribers to 1.24 billion in January, data from the country's three telecommunications operators showed.
(Source: Companies, Reuters calculation)
* China Telecom said the net decrease in mobile subscribers in January was mainly due to increasing market competition driven by the launch of LTE services and strengthened marketing promotion by its rival.
(Reporting by Christina Lo; Editing by Lee Chyen Yee)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Inspiration for Harry Potter nemesis Umbridge revealed on website