Lakers trade Blake to Warriors
(Reuters) - The Los Angeles Lakers traded away veteran guard Steve Blake on Wednesday, sending him to the Golden State Warriors a short time before he was scheduled to take the court.
Blake was in uniform for the Lakers in anticipation of facing the Houston Rockets, when he was informed of the move and forced to clean out his locker.
Golden State sent young guards Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks to the Lakers as part of the deal.
The Warriors were coveting more depth for their bench as they battle in the Western Conference where they were seventh heading into Wednesday night.
Blake is averaging 9.5 points and 7.6 assists this season.
The Lakers, on the other hand, are well out of the playoff race and looking to build for the future with Thursday's NBA trade deadline looming.
(Writing by Jahmal Corner in Los Angeles; editing by Sudipto Ganguly)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested near Canada's prime minister in sign of tensions |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor