Winning ticket in $400 million U.S. lottery sold in California
Feb 19 (Reuters) - A winning ticket matching all six numbers in a $400 million U.S. Powerball lottery was sold in Milpitas, California, lottery officials in the West Coast state said on Twitter on Wednesday.
The prize is the sixth-largest in U.S. history, and the fourth-largest for Powerball, according to a spokesperson for the Multi-State Lottery Association, which runs the game.
The winning numbers, drawn late on Wednesday, were 1, 17, 35, 49, 54, and 34, according to Powerball's website. (Reporting by Eric M. Johnson; Editing by Miral Fahmy)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat