Winning ticket in $400 million U.S. lottery sold in California
Feb 19 (Reuters) - A winning ticket matching all six numbers in a $400 million U.S. Powerball lottery was sold in Milpitas, California, lottery officials in the West Coast state said on Twitter on Wednesday.
The prize is the sixth-largest in U.S. history, and the fourth-largest for Powerball, according to a spokesperson for the Multi-State Lottery Association, which runs the game.
The winning numbers, drawn late on Wednesday, were 1, 17, 35, 49, 54, and 34, according to Powerball's website. (Reporting by Eric M. Johnson; Editing by Miral Fahmy)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- Trapped peacekeepers at Golan Heights moved to secure area: Philippine military chief
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions