G Asset offers to buy 51 percent stake in Barnes & Noble or Nook
NEW YORK Feb 21 (Reuters) - Investment firm G Asset Management said on Friday that it had offered to take a 51 percent stake in either Barnes & Noble Inc or in the bookseller's Nook digital books and device business.
G Asset said the proposal for Barnes & Noble as a whole would be for $22 per share, while the offer for Nook would be for $5 per share. The firm said it had made an earlier offer in November.
Barnes & Noble shares were up 7.2 percent at $17.99 in afternoon trading.
A Barnes & Noble spokeswoman declined to comment beyond confirming that the company had received G Asset's offer.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales