Brazil to cover any extra costs to meet fiscal target-Mantega
BRASILIA Feb 21 (Reuters) - The Brazilian government is willing to make extra sacrifices to finance any additional costs in the 2014 budget in order to meet its fiscal savings goal, Finance Minister Guido Mantega said on Friday.
The government announced a more moderate primary budget surplus goal for 2014 on Thursday in a bid to regain its fiscal credibility with a more attainable savings goal.
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon