Brazil's Gerdau beats fourth-quarter profit estimates
SAO PAULO Feb 21 (Reuters) - Brazilian steelmaker Gerdau SA beat profit estimates for the fourth quarter as expenses fell faster than revenue in a traditionally weak period for output and sales.
Porto Alegre, Brazil-based Gerdau on Friday posted net income of 491.6 million reais ($207 million), above the 427 million reais estimated in a Reuters poll of six analysts.
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |