Dish Chairman: Comcast, Time Warner deal to cause 'seismic shift'
LOS ANGELES Feb 21 (Reuters) - Dish Networks Inc Chairman Charlie Ergen said the proposed merger between Comcast Corp and Time Warner Cable Inc will cause a "seismic shift" in the media business and his company is considering how to respond.
Ergen said the transaction would concentrate broadband, video and content in a "nationwide player." "That's going to send a seismic shift across our industry in ways that maybe we can't predict today," he said on Friday on a conference call after the satellite TV provider released quarterly earnings.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand