Newmont posts loss in fourth quarter
Feb 20 (Reuters) - Newmont Mining Corp reported a quarterly loss on Thursday on the back of lower gold prices and impairment charges.
Fourth-quarter net loss from continuing operations was $1.26 billion, or $2.34 per share, compared with a profit of $669 million, or $1.30 per share, in the same period a year ago.
Revenue fell about 12 percent to $2.2 billion.
The Denver-based miner said 2014 capital expenditure would be 25 percent lower than last year.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia probes passenger backgrounds for clues on missing flight |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report