Newmont posts loss in fourth quarter
Feb 20 (Reuters) - Newmont Mining Corp reported a quarterly loss on Thursday on the back of lower gold prices and impairment charges.
Fourth-quarter net loss from continuing operations was $1.26 billion, or $2.34 per share, compared with a profit of $669 million, or $1.30 per share, in the same period a year ago.
Revenue fell about 12 percent to $2.2 billion.
The Denver-based miner said 2014 capital expenditure would be 25 percent lower than last year.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report