Nigerian central bank says leadership change won't alter policy
ABUJA Feb 21 (Reuters) - A change of leadership at Nigeria's central bank will not affect the direction of monetary policy, and the bank has no immediate plans to devalue the naira , Acting Goveror Sarah Alade said on Friday.
"The bank has the capacity to meet the demands of all foreign exchange users," she said, adding that the regulator would continue to pursue "the principal goal of ensuring monetary and price stability ... measures consistent with sustainable, non-inflationary growth."
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief