Klitschko tells newspaper opposition to sign deal with Yanukovich
BERLIN Feb 21 (Reuters) - Ukraine opposition leader Vitaly Klitschko told German newspaper Bild on Friday that the opposition would sign an EU-brokered deal to end a deadly standoff with President Viktor Yanukovich, but first further talks were needed with protesters.
"We will sign the deal," Bild quoted Klitschko as saying.
"We are prepared to do everything to obtain a peaceful solution. I told the German foreign minister I would personally appeal to protesters before signing.
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note