Miner killed at South Africa's Anglo American Platinum
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - A miner was attacked and killed by group of men at mine belonging to South Africa's Anglo American Platinum, the latest violence in the turbulent, strike-hit sector, police said on Friday.
The miner was on his way to work on Thursday when he was attacked by four armed men who set him on fire, police spokesman Thulani Ngubane said. He died from his injuries on Friday morning.
His identity and union affiliation was not immediately clear.
(Reporting by Zandi Shabalala; Editing by Ed Cropley)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane