Scania takeover to be EPS accretive 'within a few years' -VW CFO
FRANKFURT Feb 21 (Reuters) - Volkswagen expects its planned full takeover of Swedish truckmaker Scania to add to its bottom line within a few years, its finance chief said.
"We are convinced that this strategic transaction will add substantial value to Volkswagen but it needs some time before it meaningfully impacts our finances ... But we expect it to be EPS (earnings per share) accretive within a few years," Hans Dieter Poetsch told journalists during a conference call late on Friday.
Volkswagen earlier said it would submit a voluntary tender offer to shareholders of Scania worth 6.7 billion euros ($9.21 billion) as it aims to jump-start a stalled eight-year effort to forge Europe's biggest truckmaker.
($1 = 0.7275 euros) (Reporting by Maria Sheahan)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown