Daytona 500 in rain delay
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida (Reuters) - The Daytona 500, NASCAR's season opener and its biggest race, was interrupted on lap 38 of the 200-lap event by a rain delay on Sunday.
Kyle Busch was in first place in a Toyota, followed by the Chevrolet of Kasey Kahne and the Toyota of Denny Hamlin when the race was temporarily halted.
Polesitter Austin Dillon, marking the return of the late Dale Earnhardt's No. 3 Chevrolet, was 10th.
Danica Patrick, last year's pole winner, was 33rd and last year's winner Jimmie Johnson stood 38th.
(Reporting by Lewis Franck; Editing by Larry Fine)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program