Daytona 500 in rain delay
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida (Reuters) - The Daytona 500, NASCAR's season opener and its biggest race, was interrupted on lap 38 of the 200-lap event by a rain delay on Sunday.
Kyle Busch was in first place in a Toyota, followed by the Chevrolet of Kasey Kahne and the Toyota of Denny Hamlin when the race was temporarily halted.
Polesitter Austin Dillon, marking the return of the late Dale Earnhardt's No. 3 Chevrolet, was 10th.
Danica Patrick, last year's pole winner, was 33rd and last year's winner Jimmie Johnson stood 38th.
(Reporting by Lewis Franck; Editing by Larry Fine)
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks