TABLE-Economists cut Brazil 2014 growth view to 1.67 pct
SAO PAULO Feb 24 (Reuters) - Economists cut their forecasts for Brazil's economic growth in 2014 to 1.67 percent from 1.79 percent a week earlier, a central bank survey showed on Monday.
Economists also trimmed their forecasts for economic growth next year to 2.00 percent from 2.10 percent previously.
The poll, conducted weekly by the central bank, provides the median forecasts of economists at about 100 financial institutions.
(pct) 2014 2015
previous new previous new
forecast forecast forecast forecast Consumer inflation 5.93 6.00 5.70 5.70 Exchange rate 2.48 2.50 2.55 2.55 Interest rate 11.25 11.25 12.00 12.00 GDP growth 1.79 1.67 2.10 2.00 Industrial output 1.93 1.87 2.89 3.00
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers