LDK Solar applies for provisional liquidation in Cayman Islands
Feb 24 (Reuters) - Debt-laden Chinese solar company LDK Solar Co Ltd said it filed an application for provisional liquidation in the Cayman Islands.
LDK Solar, incorporated in the Cayman Islands, said it has made "considerable progress" in its discussions with key offshore creditors.
The filing does not affect LDK Solar's operations in China and it has no intention of initiating any more debt restructuring proceedings in that jurisdiction, the company said on Monday.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. courts deliver conflicting rulings on Obama health care law
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |