URGENT-Vivendi confirms talks with Altice over SFR-Numericable tie-up
PARIS Feb 24 (Reuters) - French media group Vivendi confirmed on Monday it had been approached by cable group Altice over an alliance between their units, mobile operator SFR and cable firm Numericable, but said it had not yet received any formal offer.
A source close to SFR had earlier told Reuters that the tie-up being discussed would value SFR, a unit of Vivendi, at around 15 billion euros ($20.6 billion) and would see Vivendi keep a stake of roughly 30 percent in the newly merged company.
($1 = 0.7275 euros)
(Reporting by Natalie Huet. Editing by Alexandria Sage.)
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid |
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid