Bank of Montreal profit rises on retail banking
TORONTO Feb 25 (Reuters) - Bank of Montreal, Canada's fourth-largest bank, said on Tuesday its quarterly profit rose 2 percent as stronger Canadian retail banking income and lower loan loss provisions more than made up for a weaker performance at its U.S. division.
Net profit for the first quarter ended Jan. 31 was C$1.06 billion ($957.59 million), or C$1.58 a share, up from C$1.04 billion, or C$1.51 a share, a year earlier.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |