First Solar profit falls on impairment charge
Feb 25 (Reuters) - U.S. solar company First Solar Inc's net income fell 58 percent, hurt mainly by a charge related to a write-down of the value of an idle facility in Vietnam.
First Solar shares slumped 11 percent after the bell.
The company's net income fell to $65.2 million, or 64 cents per share, in the fourth quarter ended Dec.31, from $154.2 million, or $1.74 per share, a year ago.
Total sales fell 29 percent to $768 million, mainly due to lower revenue from its solar projects business.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients