First Solar profit falls on impairment charge
Feb 25 (Reuters) - U.S. solar company First Solar Inc's net income fell 58 percent, hurt mainly by a charge related to a write-down of the value of an idle facility in Vietnam.
First Solar shares slumped 11 percent after the bell.
The company's net income fell to $65.2 million, or 64 cents per share, in the fourth quarter ended Dec.31, from $154.2 million, or $1.74 per share, a year ago.
Total sales fell 29 percent to $768 million, mainly due to lower revenue from its solar projects business.
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl