FMC would look at Diaverum if it was put up for sale - CEO
BAD HOMBURG Germany Feb 25 (Reuters) - Fresenius Medical Care, the world's biggest provider of dialysis treatments, would look at Swedish rival Diaverum if it was for sale, its chief executive said.
"We would look at that," Rice Powell told Reuters in an interview after FMC published 2013 financial results on Tuesday.
Diaverum's owner, private equity firm Bridgepoint, has been looking to offload the Swedish dialysis clinic operator, which could fetch more than 1 billion euros ($1.37 billion).
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises
- Investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB