Z&S Zucker und Staerke increases stake in Agrana -Suedzucker
FRANKFURT Feb 25 (Reuters) - Z&S Zucker und Staerke, a joint venture of Germany's Suedzucker and Zucker Beteiligungsgesellschaft, has increased its stake in Austrian sugar, starch and fruit group Agrana, Suedzucker said in a statement on Tuesday.
Z&S has bought a 10.6 percent stake from Prudential Plc , bringing increasing its total share in Agrana to 86.1 percent of voting rights, it said.
In addition, Suedzucker directly acquired a 5 percent stake, which it said would be placed on the market subsequently to increase the free float and liquidity of Agrana.
Agrana in September reported a 24 percent drop in its first-half operating profit to 108 million euros ($148.32 million) due to higher commodity prices.
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- Lawyers descend on Ferguson ahead of grand jury decision
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- U.S., Iran in last-ditch bid to clinch historic nuclear deal
- 'Immoral, but not illegal': metal warehousing games in the spotlight
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video