Z&S Zucker und Staerke increases stake in Agrana -Suedzucker
FRANKFURT Feb 25 (Reuters) - Z&S Zucker und Staerke, a joint venture of Germany's Suedzucker and Zucker Beteiligungsgesellschaft, has increased its stake in Austrian sugar, starch and fruit group Agrana, Suedzucker said in a statement on Tuesday.
Z&S has bought a 10.6 percent stake from Prudential Plc , bringing increasing its total share in Agrana to 86.1 percent of voting rights, it said.
In addition, Suedzucker directly acquired a 5 percent stake, which it said would be placed on the market subsequently to increase the free float and liquidity of Agrana.
Agrana in September reported a 24 percent drop in its first-half operating profit to 108 million euros ($148.32 million) due to higher commodity prices.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Wall Street drops, S&P on track for worst day since April
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |