Austria open to Telekom Austria pact with Slim
VIENNA Feb 25 (Reuters) - Austria is interested in the prospect of forming a shareholder pact with Carlos Slim's America Movil to pool their stakes in Telekom Austria , the economy minister said.
Mexican telecoms group America Movil, which holds 27 percent of Telekom Austria, said on Monday it could start formal talks to create a shareholder syndicate with the Austrian government, which holds 28 percent.
Austrian Economy Minister Reinhold Mitterlehner said on Tuesday: "That is the development of a prospect that is definitely interesting." (Reporting by Michael Shields; Writing by Georgina Prodhan; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Obama tells Israel U.S. ready to help end hostilities
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |