Russia: Don't force Ukraine to choose between Russia and West
MOSCOW Feb 25 (Reuters) - Ukraine must not be forced to choose between close ties with Russia or the West, Russia Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Tuesday in Moscow's latest warning to the European Union and United States not to try to shape the ex-Soviet state's future.
"It is dangerous an counterproductive to try to force upon a Ukraine a choice on the principle: 'You are either with us or against us'," Lavrov said at a joint news conference after talks with Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |