Russia: Don't force Ukraine to choose between Russia and West
MOSCOW Feb 25 (Reuters) - Ukraine must not be forced to choose between close ties with Russia or the West, Russia Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Tuesday in Moscow's latest warning to the European Union and United States not to try to shape the ex-Soviet state's future.
"It is dangerous an counterproductive to try to force upon a Ukraine a choice on the principle: 'You are either with us or against us'," Lavrov said at a joint news conference after talks with Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N