EU's Rehn says supports potential donors' conference for Ukraine
BRUSSELS Feb 25 (Reuters) - The EU's top economic official said on Tuesday he supports a donors' conference for European countries to raise funding for Ukraine.
Ukraine has said it needs $35 billion to survive 2014 and 2015.
"As the EU's resources lie predominantly in the member states, I would also support the idea of a donors' conference for Ukraine in order to allow for member states resources and other European countries to put together a substantial aid package for Ukraine," EU Economic and Monetary Affairs Commissioner Olli Rehn told a news conference. (Reporting by Robin Emmott; editing by Luke Baker and Justyna Pawlak)
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal