EU's Rehn says supports potential donors' conference for Ukraine
BRUSSELS Feb 25 (Reuters) - The EU's top economic official said on Tuesday he supports a donors' conference for European countries to raise funding for Ukraine.
Ukraine has said it needs $35 billion to survive 2014 and 2015.
"As the EU's resources lie predominantly in the member states, I would also support the idea of a donors' conference for Ukraine in order to allow for member states resources and other European countries to put together a substantial aid package for Ukraine," EU Economic and Monetary Affairs Commissioner Olli Rehn told a news conference. (Reporting by Robin Emmott; editing by Luke Baker and Justyna Pawlak)
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane