U.S. Senate committee to consider CFTC nominations March 6
WASHINGTON Feb 26 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate Agriculture Committee said on Wednesday that it would consider the three presidential nominations to the Commodity Futures Trading Commission on March 6.
Timothy Massad, a senior Treasury Department official, has been nominated to head the swaps and futures regulator.
Chris Giancarlo, a senior executive at swaps broker GFI Group Inc and Sharon Bowen, a partner at law firm Latham & Watkins, have been nominated as commissioners to the agency. (Reporting by Douwe Miedema; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Mayor of Los Angeles suburb of Bell Gardens shot dead