U.S. Senate committee to consider CFTC nominations March 6
WASHINGTON Feb 26 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate Agriculture Committee said on Wednesday that it would consider the three presidential nominations to the Commodity Futures Trading Commission on March 6.
Timothy Massad, a senior Treasury Department official, has been nominated to head the swaps and futures regulator.
Chris Giancarlo, a senior executive at swaps broker GFI Group Inc and Sharon Bowen, a partner at law firm Latham & Watkins, have been nominated as commissioners to the agency. (Reporting by Douwe Miedema; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor