U.S. Senate committee to consider CFTC nominations March 6
WASHINGTON Feb 26 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate Agriculture Committee said on Wednesday that it would consider the three presidential nominations to the Commodity Futures Trading Commission on March 6.
Timothy Massad, a senior Treasury Department official, has been nominated to head the swaps and futures regulator.
Chris Giancarlo, a senior executive at swaps broker GFI Group Inc and Sharon Bowen, a partner at law firm Latham & Watkins, have been nominated as commissioners to the agency. (Reporting by Douwe Miedema; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |