Henderson retail clients drive return to positive flow of new money
* Underlying pre-tax profit 190 mln stg
* Final dividend 5.85 pence
LONDON Feb 26 (Reuters) - Fund manager Henderson Group attributed an 14 percent increase in the assets it manages for clients to a strategy refocusing the business on retail clients.
Total assets under management were 75.2 billion pounds at the end of 2013, the company said in an earnings statement on Wednesday, up from 65.6 billion pounds and buoyed by a 2.5 billion pounds net inflow from retail clients.
The company added 82 percent of its funds are outperforming benchmarks.
"I am delighted to report a return to positive net inflows from our clients. This was driven by our retail fund ranges," Chief Executive Andrew Formica said.
- Lightning, rain fail to deter resolute Hong Kong protesters |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |