Santander prepares ground for low-trigger CoCo
LONDON, Feb 26 (IFR) - Banco Santander is preparing to sell its first contingent convertible bond, a euro-denominated Reg S perpetual non-call five-year Additional Tier 1 offering, according to a lead manager.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Santander itself and UBS are joint bookrunners for the equity convertible bond, which will be triggered if the bank's Common Equity Tier 1 (CET1) ratio falls below 5.125% at the bank or group level.
The bond is expected to be rated Ba3 by Moody's and will be launched after a European investor roadshow commencing March 3, subject to market conditions. (Reporting by Aimee Donnellan; Editing by Philip Wright)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |