Santander prepares ground for low-trigger CoCo
LONDON, Feb 26 (IFR) - Banco Santander is preparing to sell its first contingent convertible bond, a euro-denominated Reg S perpetual non-call five-year Additional Tier 1 offering, according to a lead manager.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Santander itself and UBS are joint bookrunners for the equity convertible bond, which will be triggered if the bank's Common Equity Tier 1 (CET1) ratio falls below 5.125% at the bank or group level.
The bond is expected to be rated Ba3 by Moody's and will be launched after a European investor roadshow commencing March 3, subject to market conditions. (Reporting by Aimee Donnellan; Editing by Philip Wright)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |