Sears Canada's quarterly same-store sales fall
Feb 26 (Reuters) - Struggling department store operator Sears Canada Inc posted a fall in quarterly same-store sales due to severe winter weather and power outages.
The company, controlled by Sears Holdings Corp, said same-store sales fell 6.4 percent in the fourth quarter ended Feb. 1.
Net income rose to C$373.7 million ($337 million), or C$3.67 per share, in the quarter from C$39.9 million, or 39 Canadian cents per share, helped mainly by a pretax gain related to early lease terminations and amendments.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order