Sears Canada's quarterly same-store sales fall
Feb 26 (Reuters) - Struggling department store operator Sears Canada Inc posted a fall in quarterly same-store sales due to severe winter weather and power outages.
The company, controlled by Sears Holdings Corp, said same-store sales fell 6.4 percent in the fourth quarter ended Feb. 1.
Net income rose to C$373.7 million ($337 million), or C$3.67 per share, in the quarter from C$39.9 million, or 39 Canadian cents per share, helped mainly by a pretax gain related to early lease terminations and amendments.
- U.S.-Israeli tensions rise as hostilities in Gaza subside |
- Hague court to order Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case: paper
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Obama could curb corporate 'inversions' on his own: ex-U.S. official
- Family of five found shot dead in Maine home: police