Sears Canada's quarterly same-store sales fall
Feb 26 (Reuters) - Struggling department store operator Sears Canada Inc posted a fall in quarterly same-store sales due to severe winter weather and power outages.
The company, controlled by Sears Holdings Corp, said same-store sales fell 6.4 percent in the fourth quarter ended Feb. 1.
Net income rose to C$373.7 million ($337 million), or C$3.67 per share, in the quarter from C$39.9 million, or 39 Canadian cents per share, helped mainly by a pretax gain related to early lease terminations and amendments.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |