Yuanta Fin says to bid for South Korea's Tongyang Securities
TAIPEI Feb 26 (Reuters) - Yuanta Financial, the parent of Taiwan's biggest brokerage firm, said on Wednesday it will bid for a controlling stake in South Korea's Tongyang Securities.
The move comes after Taiwan's top financial regulator William Tseng said recently he would encourage brokerages to increase investments overseas in part because the Taiwanese market is crowded and fragmented. (Reporting by Faith Hung; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ